Northern Lights FAQ
FAQ for Northern Lights Adventure Itinerary Changes
What changes have been made to the itinerary?
The following changes have been made to the Northern Lights Adventure:
- The tour is now seven nights, instead of six nights. The arrival day is one day earlier than previously scheduled and will be a Saturday instead of a Sunday*. On the new arrival day you will be staying at the SpringHill Suites in downtown Fairbanks, Alaska. Airport transfer is provided by the hotel. *The only exception is this year’s New Year’s tour, which has a day tacked on at the end and takes place Monday December 26 - January 2, 2023.
- The tour activities start at 11:15am the following day (Sunday). Breakfast, lunch, and dinner are now included that day.
- During the tour, we include one lunch and two additional dinners that were not previously included in the tour price.
- We offer an optional and complimentary rental of a winter jacket, snow pants, and boots suitable for the climate to guests who request in advance. There was previously an upcharge for the gear rental; this is now included in the tour price.
- On the departure day we check out and leave the lodge at 11:15am. Depending on your preference, you’ll either be dropped off at Fairbanks International Airport or at a downtown hotel where you can spend the day and/or store your luggage prior to your departure. The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service to the airport.
If you have a late flight, we can help book you a room at a downtown hotel so you can rest prior to your departure. This additional hotel night is not included in the tour price and would be an additional charge.
Why did the itinerary change?
When will the changes go into effect?
I already booked my flights and they don’t line up with the new start date for the tour. What should I do?
The first departure with the earlier start date is about six months away, so there’s still time to make flight changes. In our experience, airlines have become very accommodating to flight changes over the past few years and most don’t charge a fee for making changes. If you booked your flights for this tour already, we recommend that you reach out to the airline or reseller that you booked the tickets through as soon as possible and request to change your incoming flight to line up with the new tour date.
If you previously shared your flight information with us using the arrival / departure registration form, we ask you to share your new flight information when you have it using the same arrival / departure registration form. We apologize for the inconvenience.