PRIVATE & SMALL GROUP TOURS TO THE WORLD'S BEST DESTINATIONS
Join Us For A Safari In Tanzania
Why Should I Book A Safari Tour In Tanzania?
Tanzania is the largest country in East Africa. It is also a country known for its vast wilderness areas, including the plains of the Serengeti National Park and Kilimanjaro National Park – home to Africa’s highest mountain! The tropical islands of Zanzibar lie off the shores of its coast, along with Mafia Island and its famous marine park and coral reefs.
But perhaps the biggest tourist draw of all is the Great Migration. The Great Migration is a continuous, year-long journey of more than a million animals between the plains of the Serengeti in Tanzania and the Masai Mara in Kenya. The migrating animals move constantly in search of fresh grazing lands, water, and safe places to give birth to their calves. This journey is recognized as one of the “Seven Wonders of the Natural World,” with Serengeti Great Migration Tours in high demand throughout the year.
The Benefits Of Guided Safari Tours In Tanzania
Tanzania is not a country that is easy to visit on your own, and a safari is not an experience you want to undertake without a guide. Many of the country’s roads are difficult to navigate and GPS will not work within many of the National Parks! Having a local guide to show you around is essential. The best safari tour operators in Tanzania will have local guides at the ready to share their knowledge about the region’s geography, natural history, flora, fauna, and local culture and customs.
Tanzania tours and safaris, like the ones offered by Gondwana Ecotours, allow you to witness the Great Migration on exciting game drives during the day and provide accommodations in exclusive lodges and deluxe tents at night. Better yet, Gondwana tours offer travelers the opportunity to experience the best of Tanzania under the care of our expert guides. Each guide has strong ties to the community, which allows tour members unique opportunities to mingle with the Maasai people and visit a Maasai village to learn more about Tanzania’s local culture.
But what qualities do you need in a guide leading Serengeti Great Migration tours? Before you book, do your research and remember – there are a few key things that set a good tour guide apart from a bad one. Here are the qualities you want to look for in a tour guide:
- The best safari tour operators in Tanzania will pair you with knowledgeable tour guides. A knowledgeable guide will be able to answer all of your questions, but a great guide will admit when they don’t know the answers! But they will be willing to find out the answer and get back to you asap.
- Great safari guides know the facts. A good safari guide will fill your head with safari-related information, but a truly great guide is a storyteller and can bring the information to life using real-life examples that present their knowledge in exciting ways.
- A good safari guide is a real people person. Great safari guides have the same skills as those in the hospitality industry and will be able to read their guests and react accordingly.
- Good safari guides are real conversation-starters. An experienced Tanzania tours and safaris operator will know how to start a conversation with safari-goes – and how to keep it flowing. Knowing which topics to pursue is also something an experienced guide will be sensitive to, as well as skillfully guiding the conversation to another topic if something controversial comes up.
- Safety is important on Serengeti Great Migration tours, and a good guide will keep you safe. For example, most safari guides will know how to interpret animal signals to help avoid encounters with a potentially aggressive animal. Great safari guides can also offer more safety tips, from what clothes to wear to how to keep the disturbances to wildlife to a minimum!
- It’s important to manage expectations for guests on Serengeti Great Migration tours. Instead of telling guests what they MIGHT see on a game drive, they should keep expectations reasonably low and not make promises they cannot keep. That way, guests will be happy with the animals they do sight, instead of being downcast when they don’t see the promised animal that day.
- Great safari guides make it interesting, no matter what! Many times, a guest may see nothing during a day’s game drive – especially if the weather is bad. That’s when a great safari guide needs to spring into action, distracting the guests with small talk and keeping the trip interesting with other facts about animals they may see on the next game drive.
An Adventure In The Serengeti
Once you have confirmed your guide, you will most likely receive a little background on the Great Migration from your tour operator so you can learn more about what you will see on Tanzania tours and safaris. The annual Great Migration takes place in Tanzania and Kenya and is a loop between the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. The best safari tour operators in Tanzania will know that the migration starts in the Serengeti with the birth of new calves and then travels between Arusha National Park, Tarangire National Park, Lake Manyara, and Serengeti National Park in the northern part of the country. However, the migration is a completely natural phenomenon, so the exact route of the animals depends on factors such as the weather and the animals themselves. A good tour guide will know how to take these factors into account to offer you the best safari experience possible.
Whether you want to summit Mount Kilimanjaro before your safari, visit Lake Tanganyika, or search for baboons in Lake Manyara National Park, the best safari tour operators in Tanzania will make sure to craft an itinerary for you that suits your interests and activity level! So start packing your bags and get ready for adventure in Tanzania!