PRIVATE & SMALL GROUP TOURS TO THE WORLD'S BEST DESTINATIONS
Three Amazing Alaskan Vacations To Choose From!
Summer Trips To Alaska
Grizzlies & Glaciers Tour
Winter Trips To Alaska
See The Northern Lights
Summer Trips To Alaska
Denali Discovery Adventure
Before You Go – Compare And Save!
For many people, Alaska is a once-in-a-lifetime, bucket list destination. Getting to the state can be costly in and of itself, and traveling from one location to another can be downright expensive. Budgeting for your trip is essential for avoiding last-minute surprises. Fortunately, it’s easy to compare one Alaska tour package cost against another to ensure you are getting the most bang for your buck during your travels.
Get Outside And Explore Alaska
If you are the type of traveler to have all of your trip logistics handled, rather than planning everything by yourself – you’re in luck! Many adventure bound Alaska tours are offered by reputable tour operators. These tour packages include everything from transportation to lodging to food and activities. Of course, prices vary by package, but if you are concerned about your Alaska tour package cost a guided tour will spell everything out upfront so you will not be the victim of sticker shop during your travels.
Different tour companies specialize in different types of experiences, so it’s a good idea to have a general idea of what you want to do and see in Alaska before you reserve your Alaska discovery tour. Do you want to travel through Alaska’s many waterways on a luxurious cruise ship? Or would you rather traverse the countryside by train and take in breathtaking mountain views? Once you decide, you can pick the tour that is right for you!
Cruising The Alaska Coastline
A cruise in Alaska can certainly be a luxurious experience, but it’s also a great way to be an active participant in all that Alaska has to offer! Cruises offer travelers a chance to voyage into majestic fjords, come face to face with glaciers, and kayak along Alaska’s coastline in search of marine life. Many cruises even include expert guides, who can teach you about whale behavior or help you spot whales!
If you’re interested in exploring Alaska from a cruise ship, Alaska discovery tours come in an amazing variety! The most common last seven days, and range in price from $5,000 - $8,000. (Not including airfare.) There are, however, a few packages that last anywhere from 15-20 days, but you can expect that Alaska tour package cost to be much higher. Here are a few examples of the types of cruises you might consider:
Alaska Cruise #1 – Explore Southeast Alaska
- Hike through lush forests and muskegs, kayak into secluded inlets, and cruise through icebergs while searching for marine life.
- Spend a full day exploring Glacier Bay National Park and Preserve. (The cruise operator will obtain the permit you need to enter the park.)
- Enjoy a visit from specialists with the Alaska Whale Foundation, who will offer an educational presentation about the local whale population.
Alaska Cruise #2 – Travel The Inside Passage
- Hike through forests of towering trees, kayak in glacier-carved fjords, and raft from an ancient Alaska native village.
- Kayak or paddleboard along the rugged coastlines of Chichagof Island, home to one of the highest concentrations of brown bears in the world.
- Hike through the temperate rainforest on Baranof Island while looking for bald eagles among the spruce trees.
- Explore Haines by raft, bicycle, or foot. The trip even includes a flightseeing tour over Glacier Bay National Park.
Alaska Cruise #3 – Visit Southeast Alaska
- Sail through Behm Canal into Misty Fjords National Monument in search of humpbacks, orcas, and sea lions.
- Hike around small, uninhabited islands and go tidepooling along craggy shores.
- Scan the shorelines to spot black bears, wolves, and bald eagles in search of salmon.
- Visit Wrangell Island and explore a tribal house and native petroglyphs on the beach.
Riding The Rails Through The Alaska BackCountry
If adventure bound Alaska tours by ship are not your idea of a good vacation, you can always see Alaska by train! A trip on the Alaska Railroad will allow you to experience the massive glaciers, majestic mountains, and vast national parks scattered across the Last Frontier. You can even choose a travel package that suits your preferences – anything from a day-long trip to a week-long excursion across the country. Along the way, you can see cities such as Juneau, Anchorage, Talkeetna, and Fairbanks and have access to national treasures like Denali National Park and Kenai Fjords National Park.
The legendary Alaska Railroad was started in Seward in 1903 and extended only 50 miles north. Today, the rail line stretches 470 to Fairbanks by way of Denali National Park. Some credit this route for the boom in tourism for these two parks. Alaska tour package cost by rail is anywhere from $2,000 - $4,000 per person for a week-long experience. These adventure bound Alaska Tours include stops for wildlife viewing, wilderness exploration, and aurora viewing packages.
Before You Can Explore The Last Frontier
Of course, before you board the cruise ship or hop aboard a train, you need to get to Alaska. Roundtrip flights can be costly, depending on your point of departure. From the Midwest, a roundtrip ticket during peak tourist season can cost anywhere from $950 - $1025. Even tickets for a flight during the shoulder season can be pricey – from $875 to just under a thousand dollars. There are all-inclusive Alaska discovery tours that include airfare, but you need to make sure you read the fine print and compare costs before pulling your credit card out of your wallet. But once you have found the perfect package and solidified your flight plans, you can start packing for an adventure of a lifetime!