PRIVATE & SMALL GROUP TOURS TO THE WORLD'S BEST DESTINATIONS
Three Amazing Alaskan Vacations To Choose From!
Summer Trips To Alaska
Grizzlies & Glaciers Tour
Winter Trips To Alaska
See The Northern Lights
Summer Trips To Alaska
Denali Discovery Adventure
Why Take Alaska Guided Tours?
Alaska is an enormous state and its wilderness is formidable! In fact, there’s so much to see and do in Alaska that planning a vacation on your own can be challenging. While you absolutely can explore Alaska on your own, it makes a lot of sense to consider an Alaska guided tour package on your first trip to this great state. Alaska guided tours are run by professionals who know the land, the animals, and the dangers of Alaska. They can answer all of your questions during the trip, and have experience navigating the roads, rivers, national parks, and backcountry of Alaska. A truly great guide can share their personal stories and experiences about life in Alaska, helping to give you a better glimpse into what it’s like to live in such a unique place.
The Best Alaska Guided Tours In The State
Your visit to Alaska should be one of the best experiences of your life and one that is full of unforgettable moments and breathtaking experiences. By hiring a professional tour guide, you can alleviate the stress and anxiety that can result from such an unusual trip. The best Alaska tour operators come armed with knowledge of the area’s history, terrain, weather conditions, culture, and traditions.
If you’re interested in Alaska guided tours, we have the scoop for you. Keep reading for a list of our three best Alaska tour operators and their most popular Alaska guided tour packages.
Best Alaska Tour Operators #1 – Gondwana Ecotours
Gondwana Ecotours specializes in small group and private tours to bucket-list destinations around the world. Their most popular tours are their Alaskan tours! The Gondwana guides carefully craft itineraries that include unique activities suitable for most travelers, including wildlife and cultural adventures. Gondwana’s guides live in the communities you will visit, which adds a level of depth and authenticity to your Alaskan experience! Alaska guided tour packages offered by this company include:
- Alaska Aurora Lights Eco Tour – spend seven nights in a luxury lodge in Fairbanks, Alaska searching for the Northern Lights. Your trip includes two expert Alaskan guides, one for activities and one for aurora sightings. The trip also includes a trip to Chena Hot Springs, a visit to Running Reindeer Ranch, and a dog-sledding excursion. Chase the elusive auroras each night with a personal wake-up call from your guide when a sighting is imminent.
- Glaciers and Grizzlies Adventure – spend eight days in Alaska, with trips to Katmai and Lake Clark National Parks to see grizzly bears in their natural environment. Local guides will take you on day trips to Anchorage, Homer, Seward, Girdwood, and the Kenai Peninsula to hike, kayak, and explore Exit Glacier up close.
- Denali Discovery Adventure – visit Alaska during the summer, for a memorable road trip from Fairbanks to Anchorage. Stop at Denali National Park along the way and take a scenic flight for an overview of the area’s peaks, glaciers, and valleys. Then, hop aboard the Alaska Railroad for a side trip to Talkeetna, sightseeing along the way.
Best Alaska Tour Operators #2 – Alaska Heritage Tours
Alaska Heritage Tours is an Alaska Native-Owned and Operated tour group. This operator provides you with pre-packaged Alaska vacations and itineraries of all types, from the cultural to the adventurous. These Alaska guided tours can be fully customized and allow you to choose the vacation that’s just right for you. Several Alaska guided tour packages are listed below:
- Alaska National Parks Escorted Tour – experience Alaska from Seward to Denali, with stops at Kenai Fjords National Park to see the wildlife and glaciers. Then, head north to Denali with an overnight at Talkeetna Alaskan Lodge. Explore and hike the park with experienced guides who can show you the hidden treasures of Denali.
- Alaska Escorted Tour – enjoy eight days of epic sightseeing with stops in Anchorage and Denali; a ride on the Alaska Railroad; and an adventure in Seward. Enjoy the scenery from the comfort of a railroad car, and see Alaska in a way that few people ever witness.
- Great Land Escorted Tour – take a cruise through the Kenai Fjords to see marine life and glaciers, and visit the Happy Trails Kennels to meet a four-time Iditarod champion and his dog-sled team. Stop in Seward to visit a seaside port, and then make your way to Denali National Park for a chance to see bears, eagles, and moose. End your adventure in Fairbanks before you return home.
Best Alaska Tour Operators #3 – NatHab (Natural Habitat Adventures)
NatHab Adventures crafts unique trips that let you see all of Alaska’s unique places, wildlife, and scenic wonders. These immersive adventures are guaranteed to show you the real Alaska and get you off the beaten path for a slice of real life. Here are some of the Alaska guided tours offered by this operator:
- The Optimal Alaska Wildlife Itinerary – this trip offers the adventurous traveler a chance to see a variety of Alaska’s famous wildlife. Travel to Katmai National Park to see the fishing brown bears of Brooks Falls, then head over to Kenai Fjords National Park to see the marine life. This adventure is the company’s flagship adventure and has been offered for more than 25 years.
- Flightseeing in Denali National Park – hop on a fixed-wing plane and prepare for take-off! This exciting trip takes you over Denali, to see the famous Kahiltna Base Camp where mountaineering expeditions begin, and the sister peaks of Mt. Hunter and Mt. Foraker. Weather permitting, you’ll even land on a glacier on the Great One’s flank.
- Cruise Kenai Fjords – sail away on a private chartered boat to view the glaciers, icebergs, whales, seals, sea lions, otters, and birds of Kenai Fjords National Park.
- Book an overnight trip on a private island – this exclusive trip includes an overnight stay at a secluded beachfront lodge on a private island in the Kenai Fjords. If you’re looking for solitude and a chance to experience the genuine Alaskan wilderness away from other travelers, this trip is for you.
- See the Brown Bears of Brooks Falls – this Alaska guided tour package includes a trip to Katmai National Park to view the famous brown bears of Brooks Falls. See grizzlies close up and establish your home base directly at Brooks Camp near the falls. You’ll have unlimited access to the bears around the clock while enjoying a stay in the Alaskan wilderness.
If you’re looking for a headache-free vacation, booking an Alaska guided tour package is the way to go. Don’t worry about your flights, reservations, or other details – just pack your bags and go. Leave the logistics and planning to Alaska’s best tour operators, and prepare for an adventure you’ll never forget!