What Is The Best Country For A Safari?
If you have never traveled to Africa, you have a lot to look forward to! Africa is an amazing continent, filled with sweeping plains, incredible wildlife, and friendly people. But choosing where to visit, especially for a safari vacation, can be quite daunting.
Fortunately, finding the best wild safari in Africa is easy! Tanzania is one of the best safari destinations in Africa, especially for first-timers. There are many reasons to choose a Tanzania safari over other African nations. The primary reason is that the country has one of the most diverse ranges of wildlife on the African continent! And, many of the parks and preserves have retained their natural boundaries, rather than building fences, which leads to a much more authentic safari experience for visitors.
When To Plan Your Tanzania Safari Adventure
Before you start planning your trip, it’s a good idea to figure out when you want to visit Tanzania. What is the best time to visit Tanzania for safari adventures? Once you know the answer to this question, planning Tanzania vacations is a breeze!
Unfortunately, there is no easy answer to this question! The timing of your visit depends on what you want to see in Tanzania. Different areas of the country have different attractions at different times of the year. Start by figuring out what you want to see, and you can narrow down the time of year you should visit. As a general rule of thumb, however, the dry season (from late June to October) is the most popular time to go on safari in Tanzania.
During Tanzania’s dry season, wildlife gathers near water sources. This puts both prey and predator in close proximity to each other, making wildlife viewing very exciting for safari goers. The lack of rain also causes the vegetation to thin out, making it easier to spot animals in the bush. One important thing to keep in mind, however, if that the dry season is also peak tourist season. If you wish to avoid the crowds, we suggest planning your safari adventure in March, April, or May!
5 Reasons To Visit Tanzania On Safari
Still not convinced that the best wild safari in Africa is in Tanzania? Here are five more reasons Tanzania is one of the best safari destinations on the African continent:
- Parks and wildlife – Tanzania has 22 national parks and a handful of additional game preserves where the country’s wildlife is protected. The Serengeti is one of the most popular parks for safaris in Tanzania, but the country’s other parks offer wildlife viewing opportunities, too. Most provide habitats for Africa’s Big 5, as well as a number of other hard-to-find (but equally sought-after) animals.
- Rare animals – there aren’t many places in the world where you can see chimpanzees in their natural habitat, but in Tanzania, you can see them at Mahale National Park. Visitors to the park can track the chimpanzees through the jungle, to see how they live in the park’s trees and coexist with the rest of the wildlife in this untamed part of Africa.
- Breathtaking landscapes – many safari destinations in Africa have a uniform look no matter where you go, but Tanzania has a broad variety of landscapes that sets it apart from other countries. From the sweeping plains of the Serengeti to the lush vegetation of the Ngorongoro Crater, and from the heights of Mt. Kilimanjaro to the beaches of Zanzibar - the breathtaking scenery will captivate you!
- Safari options – for the best wild safari in Africa, visit Tanzania. Safari companies have moved on from placid game drives and now provide a variety of options for wildlife viewing. Tanzania is one of the only countries where walking safaris are permitted. Other options include boat safaris, traditional game drives, night safaris, and even hot-air balloon safaris.
- A safari for all seasons – safaris in many African countries are often affected by the wet or dry seasons, but Tanzania provides a year-round safari experience for visitors. Different parks offer different wildlife viewing opportunities throughout the year, meaning that the best time to visit Tanzania for a safari is any time!
Tanzania’s Great Migration
One of the most sought-after safari experiences in the world is The Great Migration. This annual event involves more than 2 million wildebeest and other animals as they move from the Northern Serengeti southward in search of grazing land for their newborn calves. Along the way, the great herd crosses rivers, evades predators, and puts on one of the most dramatic shows of the natural world. If you want to see Tanzania’s Great Migration, timing is everything! It is essential to work with an experienced tour operator to plan your safari experience so that you are in the right place – at the right time – to witness this amazing annual event.
Sweet Safari Add-Ons In Tanzania
One of the benefits of visiting Tanzania is that the country is known for much more than its safaris. Although safaris are one of the most popular Tanzania vacations, visitors to this African country also have the opportunity to add on a visit to the base of Mount Kilimanjaro or the sandy shores of Zanzibar once their safari is finished. From the lush jungle to mountain peaks and back to pristine beaches, Tanzania offers tourists an adventure of a lifetime.
For the best wild safari in Africa, look no further than Tanzania. From friendly people to diverse wildlife, this African country is a hidden gem. Enjoy an escape from everyday life with an adventure in Africa today!