Gorilla Trekking in the Virungas is one of the most special wildlife encounters in the world.
Hike through the mist-covered bamboo rainforest and gaze deeply into the soulful brown eyes of endangered mountain gorillas—the largest-living primate on the planet.
In addition to gorilla trekking, encounter golden monkeys and other engaging wildlife. Travel by boat across Lake Kivu, one of the Great African lakes, renowned for its scenic beauty. Savor local Rwandan coffee, sip banana wine, and participate in a cooking class at an inspiring nonprofit based in Kigali.
Gorilla tourism brings significant income annually to communities in Rwanda and Uganda. Through responsibly planned visits, local people find a strong incentive to protect these animals and their habitats. It’s a win-win situation for both people and wildlife.
What's Included in the Gorilla Trekking Adventure
- Lodging for all nights in comfortable hotels
- Gondwana trip leader + local guides
- All meals included (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) except for the first and last day
- Guided tour of Kigali and the genocide museum
- Boat cruise on Lake Kivu and coffee plantation visit
- A golden monkey-tracking experience
- All your National Park entrance fees paid, including paid entrance into and guided observation of Virunga’s mountain gorillas with a Conservationist Gorilla Tracker (includes trekking permit)
- Unique cultural activities such as dancing, community visits, banana wine-making and more
- A donation to Aspire Rwanda and Carbon Offsetting of the entire tour
If you're looking for prices and the full itinerary, please download the tour brochure using the form on this page. We can accommodate most departure dates, contact us for availability.
Gorilla Trekking Tour Map Click to Enlarge