PRIVATE & SMALL GROUP TOURS TO THE WORLD'S BEST DESTINATIONS
Three Amazing Alaskan Vacations To Choose From!
Summer Trips To Alaska
Grizzlies & Glaciers Tour
Winter Trips To Alaska
See The Northern Lights
Summer Trips To Alaska
Denali Discovery Adventure
How Are Alaska Small Group Tours Different From Other Tours?
So you’ve decided that your next trip is going to be to Alaska – congratulations! You have chosen to visit one of the most amazing states in the U.S. But the more you search the internet, the more daunting it becomes to plan this once-in-a-lifetime vacation by yourself. The logistics have you confused, so you decide to ask Google for help finding Alaska Tours for 2022. But you don’t want to be stuck on a crowded bus or cruise full of other tourists – no way! How do you find the best Alaska small group tours that will offer you a memorable experience?
The Best Alaska Tours
When you think of a vacation package, do you envision being stuck on a cruise ship with way too many tourists or crammed into a bus with other intrepid adventure seekers? Well, that’s not what a vacation package is like in Alaska. On a guided Alaska tour, a tour guide travels with you from place to place. Better yet, all of the logistics – including lodging, meals, transportation, and scheduled activities – have been arranged for you. This takes the confusion out of the planning process, and can free you up to enjoy your vacation without worrying about getting from Point A to Point B!
Many of the best Alaska tours are Alaska small group tours. The definition of “small” varies from tour operator to tour operator, so do your research! Many guided tours limit the experience to a handful of people, while others allow for up to 18 participants to book spots with one tour. Some tour companies even offer guests the option of creating a totally customizable vacation package for their families. With a bit of searching, you will be able to find a tour operator that suits both your needs and your budget.
Alaska Small Group Tours For the Outdoor Adventurer
One of the best Alaska tours happens to also be one of the most popular types of Alaska Tours for 2022. Backcountry tours are popular with those who visit Alaska, mainly because the wilderness is so vast and untamed. Small Alaska Backcountry Group Tours tend to focus on the outdoors – nature, wildlife, and sustainable ecotourism – and the tour guides will make sure you take the path less traveled! Backcountry tours move more leisurely from other package tours, stay in more secluded lodges, and give travelers plenty of opportunities to get out into nature. And you can be sure that your tour guides are familiar with local wildlife as well as the state’s diverse ecosystems.
The only downside to Alaska small group tours is the cost. These trips often are more expensive than conventional group tours. The main reason is that these tour operators include more activities and excursions into the cost of the core trip. However, experiencing the amazing beauty of the Alaska backcountry firsthand is more than enough to make up for the cost difference.
Top Three Alaska Tours 2022
There are many tour companies that offer Alaska small group tours and package vacations. But if you are looking for a sustainable and eco-friendly option, consider booking a tour with Gondwana Ecotours.
Gondwana Ecotours travels to bucket list destinations to showcase these amazing places in a unique, exciting, and responsible fashion. The company is committed to providing sustainable travel options to tourists and to maintaining an environmental and cultural focus while providing a once-in-a-lifetime experience. They are a premier travel operator in Alaska, and provide adventurous visitors with amazing experiences!
Gondwana’s top three Alaska small group tours include:
- Northern Lights Adventure – Get a dose of local culture by day, and look for the Aurora Borealis by night. This trip includes six nights outside of Fairbanks for aurora watching; personal wake-up service when the auroras are active; two expert guides; a trip to Chena Hot Springs; a dog-sledding excursion; a trip to Running Reindeer Ranch; and curling lessons from local athletes.
- Denali Discover Adventure – travel Alaska’s wild countryside during the summer months. Take the scenic route from Fairbanks to Anchorage, with a stop at Denali National Park. Explore Alaska’s city life, with plenty of time to see wildlife in one of the state’s most popular parks. The trip includes a flight over Denali for a bird’s eye view of the mountains, glaciers, and valleys and a ride on the historic Alaska Railroad from Denali to Talkeetna.
- Glaciers and Grizzlies – this tour is another popular summer tour, and one of the best Alaska Tours 2022. Spend your days watching Alaska’s famous brown bears at Brooks Falls and traveling to more off-the-beaten-path locations like Swikshak Lagoon, Hallo Bay, and Moraine Creek to continue your adventures. Spend time in Seward, Katmai National Park, and Kenai Fjords National Park searching for moose, whales, sea otters, puffins, orcas, eagles, and sea lions. Cruise, hike, kayak, drive and fly through some of the most dramatic landscapes on earth
Why Take Alaska Small Group Tours?
If you want to have a quintessential Alaska experience, reserving one of the best Alaska Tours with a tour company like Gondwana is the way to go. Alaska small group tours guarantee an immersive Alaska adventure that is truly memorable. The benefits of one of these tours include:
- Small groups – Gondwana limits all small group trips to guarantee you a more immersive nature experience than you would find on a larger bus tour or on a huge cruise ship.
- Expert guides - Gondwana's guides are experienced, professional, personable, conscientious, fun-loving, and extremely knowledgeable about the locations they visit. This provides travelers with a unique, personalized view of Alaska's cultural history and natural surroundings.
- Wildlife viewing – Gondwana's customized itineraries and expert guides offer travelers a chance to see Alaska’s famous wildlife.
- Go on a bear hunt – Gondwana's tour guides will take you to some of the state's less visited, but truly spectacular, sites for bear viewing. Start your trip at the famous Brooks Falls, but suit up for adventure and go off the beaten path to see even more bears!
- Carbon-neutral journey – Gondwana guarantees that each of their tours is verifiably carbon-neutral. In fact, the company prides itself on providing experiences that foster responsibility, sustainability, and respect for the places each group visits.
Small Group Tours Are More Fun!
Gondwana Ecotours offers smaller Alaska group tours for an up-close and personal experience. These immersive travel experiences allow intrepid travelers the opportunity to discover, learn, and experience all Alaska has to offer! Explore glaciers, search the night sky for auroras, and watch for wildlife with the help of your expert guide. If you're not convinced that Alaska small group tours are the way to go, here are five final reasons:
- A small group tour allows you to see the real Alaska without being lost in a crowd.
- Your own private guide can provide unique information and insights into Alaska's culture, history, and natural surroundings.
- Your personalized itinerary encourages exploration and adventure.
- You'll have peace of mind knowing that all details surrounding travel, lodging, and food have been covered!
- 24/7 in-country support.
There are so many options for Alaska small group tours that it may seem hard to choose just one! But whether your adventure takes place in the mountains, on the tundra, near a glacier, or along the state’s wild rivers and coastlines, the best Alaska tours offer you a rare chance to experience the Alaska backcountry in an immersive and very personal way. From bare-bones camping to upscale lodge retreats and everything in between, the best Alaska tours of 2022 offer something for everyone – and adventure for all.